ADSM-L

Re: ADSM on Windows NT

1996-08-29 14:53:49
Subject: Re: ADSM on Windows NT
From: Melinda Varian <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 1996 14:53:49 EDT
On Thu, 29 Aug 1996 at 14:57:27 NZST, Arian de Wit said:

> Must the NT user be an administrator to use the ADSM Win32 Client?
> (This is what the client tells me when I try to use it from a user
> account.) We'd like our NT Workstation users to be able to schedule
> backups and do restores on their own.

Users here are asking for this capability, too.  What we are seeing is
"ANS7642E Error occurred creating the registry directory structure"
when someone other than the administrator tries to do a backup.

Are we doing something wrong or is this not possible?  If it is not
possible now, are there any plans to add the capability?

Melinda Varian
Princeton University