ADSM-L

Re: OT 1.1.1b7c4 vs ADSM

1996-08-28 12:51:10
Subject: Re: OT 1.1.1b7c4 vs ADSM
From: Brett Walker <walkerbl AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 1996 09:51:10 -0700
>>Date:         Mon, 26 Aug 1996 12:20:10 -0500
>>From:         Stan Kerr <stankerr AT UIUC DOT EDU>
>>Subject:      Mac ADSM 2.1.0.4 OK with OT 1.1.1.b7c4
>>To:           Multiple recipients of list ADSM-L <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
>>
>>This morning I got Open Transport 1.1.1b7c4 from ftp.support.apple.com,
>>installed it (on a Mac 7500/100 with System 7.5.3 Rev 2), and tried an
>>incremental backup with the Mac ADSM 2.1.0.4 client. It worked normally.
>>(I had reported a freeze with OT 1.1.1b6 earlier.)
>>
>>--
>>Stan Kerr, Computing & Communications Services Office/U of Illinois
>>stankerr AT uiuc DOT edu
>
>Stan - Have you tried a scheduled backup yet? Even better, have you
>tried two in a row? (That's when we saw Macs hang here with OT 1.1.1
>and ADSM 2.1.0.3). -Wendy

Wendy,

The OT bug that was causing that problem has also been fixed by Apple.  I
have run the 2.1.0.2 client with it, and it works ok.  However, I will be
leaving the ADSM workaround in the code until it is shown that OT 1.1.1 is
very stable and it makes sens to pre-req that version.

Cheers,
Brett

Brett Walker                  ADSM Development, IBM
walkerbl AT vnet.ibm DOT com
"That's just my opinion; I could be wrong."
"That's just my opinion; I could be wrong."
      --- Dennis Miller