ADSM-L

[no subject]

1996-08-27 05:49:44
From: Amadeus Forums <dehtpnmk AT IBMMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 1996 05:49:44 EDT
From: Amadeus Forums AT MUCVM1 <dehtpnmk AT ibmmail DOT com>
Subject: ADSM VM server and AD/CYCLE LE C Lib

Did you experience a similar situation? Before I address IBM, I'd like
a diagnostic from the ADSM community...

We've got a problem using ADSM and the new AD/CYCLE LE C-Library.

When using the IBM AD/CYCLE LE C-Library 5688-198 Release 05.00
(at service level UN91915, including UN88123) i.e "GLOBAL LOADLIB SCEERUN",
the ADSM DSMADMC CMS batch interface fails to execute the following command:

'DSMADMC -ID=SLAVE -PASSWORD=XXXXXX Q FI MUCAIX1 /adsm

it invariably ends up with :

ANS5515E Id and password must be supplied in Batch mode.
ANS5500E Exiting due to command or option errors.

ANS5103I Highest return code was 11.

When using the old C/370 Library, 5688-188 at SL 114, i.e GLOBAL TXTLIB IBMLIB
&  GLOBAL LOADLIB EDCLINK, ADSM executes the command correctly.

Is this an ADSM problem or a AD/CYCLE C-library problem?

Additional information:
-----------------------
It only applies to UNIX ADSM clients. OS/2 clients work fine.
It only applies to UNIX ADSM clients. OS/2 clients work fine.

We're running VM/ESA 2.1.0, CMS 12.

The VM   ADSM server is at level: 0.16/1.16 UN83855 and is NOT using
the AD/CYCLE C-Library, but the old C/370 library. When the ADSM VM
server tries to use the AD/CYCLE C-Library, it hangs at init time.

The UNIX ADSM client is at level V1.2 lev 0.7 IP20334, other levels
give the same results.

Amadeus FORUMS for THIERRY CARO :
private replies to: <dehtp9l9 AT ibmmail DOT com>

Thierry Caro - E-Mail: DEHTP9L9 @ IBMMAIL.COM
Fax : (49)- 8122.43.3260 (Germany)