ADSM-L

Suggestion for "Move Data" final message

1996-08-26 18:09:02
Subject: Suggestion for "Move Data" final message
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 1996 18:09:02 -0400
The final Activity Log message for the Move Data command is simply:
    "ANR1141I Move data process ended for volume XXXXXX".
This is annoyingly lacking in providing no information about the amount
of data moved, which would provide important insight into both the
success of the event and of the volume of data on the tape.  What is
needed is something like the excellent ANR1214I message which comes out
of a Backup Stgpool, which summarizes the number of files, bytes, and
unreadable files and bytes.  In the absence of this information we are
left to do Query Process commands as the Move Data progresses to get a
sense of what's happening.
    If this could be incorporated into a future release it woule be
much appreciated.
         thanks,  Richard Sims, Boston University OIT