ADSM-L

Re: NFS-Mounted File Systems

1996-08-19 10:13:12
Subject: Re: NFS-Mounted File Systems
From: Jim Kleberg <Kleberg_James_R/svoa0001 AT SSB DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 1996 10:13:12 -0400
     Thanks.  I have to agree that ADSM should provide for automatic
     bypassing of NFS-mounted files.

Subject: NFS-Mounted File Systems
Author:  ADSM-L (ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU)
Date:    8/19/96 9:00 AM

 >       Is there a way to keep from backing up NFS-mounted file systems
 >    other than manually maintaining exclude lists?
 >      Any help I could get in this area would be greatly appreciated.

Try using a combination of EXCLUDE and DOMAIN statements.

We are using this combination for one of our Netware servers, with a number of N
FS-mounted UNIX file systems.

quote

     EXCLUDE all-the-rest
     DOMAIN "server/vol:"
     DOMAIN "server/vol2:"

unquote

This seems to do the trick!
But i think ADSM, default,  should  NOT include NFS-mounted volumes!!