ADSM-L

RE ADSM I/O error recovery bug (second post)

1996-08-19 04:48:00
Subject: RE ADSM I/O error recovery bug (second post)
From: Eric van Loon <evanloon AT KLM DOT NL>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 1996 09:48:00 +0100
Hi Joseph,
You are right, because I configured ADSM to use DASD (file) as output device
this was the case. We let ADSM make disk datasets which we migrate to tape
using our DASD management system (SAMS:DISK) later on. I simulated what would
happen if a output dataset was reused the next day (after being migrated to
level 2 which causes a idle space release).
So you are right about the cause which resulted in the "read only" status, but
that is not my problem. I'm surprised about the fact that ADSM stops the backup
processing on the client! Why isn't a new volume mounted?
Kind regards,
Eric van Loon