ADSM-L

Cancel Process not working

1996-08-14 15:13:24
Subject: Cancel Process not working
From: Dave Crockett <crockett AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 1996 12:13:24 MST
Elvin Peterson wrote:

> I am running ADSM V2.1.0.3 on AIX 4.14.
> I initiated a MOVE DATA for an OFFSITE copystgpool volume to do manual
> reclamation and this worked fine.  But, when I try to cancel that
> process, the command is accepted but the process doesn't stop.  It's
> been running for about 30 minutes since I issued the cancel.  If I
> issue another cancel, it says that there is a cancel pending.  It
> isn't hanging, the number of Moved files keeps increasing.

I was able to recreate this problem and figure out how to fix it.  The
fix will be part of APAR IC13821.  During an offsite move data (or
reclamation) if the primary file copies being used are in a disk storage
pool, the cancel checks were not being made.  Since it never checks to
see that it has been canceled, it will keep going and going.

I also noticed a message problem:
ANR1140I Move data process started for volume volname (process ID 0).

The process ID shouldn't be zero.  I will fix this in APAR IC13821 too.

The fix will go into all Version 2 server platforms.

Dave Crockett - ADSM development