ADSM-L

Message "Not connect to server" when start 'dsm' interface?

1996-08-14 17:04:55
Subject: Message "Not connect to server" when start 'dsm' interface?
From: "Hung (Paul) Cao" <paulc AT HSTN.GEOBANK.PGS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 1996 14:04:55 -0700
Hi,
        We have a show stopper. In the last couple of days, we frequently get
the
message "Not connect to server" when we start 'dsm' application. This only
happens
when we try dsm on the server, not client machines. Normally, this is when we
have
a few dsmc archive session going in the background. Doing the q session in
dsmadmc
we often see about 7 or more sessions with session state 'Run' (TCP/IP).
        Help on how to solve this show stopper. Thanks a lot for your help in
my last question
and this one.
     Paul