ADSM-L

changing a management class

1996-08-13 05:00:12
Subject: changing a management class
From: Stefan Biebl <derwg348 AT IBMMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 1996 05:00:12 EDT
        Datum: 13/08/96
          Von: Stefan Biebl  PS32                           DAABI    - DERWGH00
           An:                                              INTERNET - IBMMAIL
      Betreff: changing a management class
Hello !

I'm planning to change management classes for some reasons. Now I have a few
questions about that but I can't find any hints in the documentation.

How can I change the assigned management class for an archived file ? For
example I archived a file SAMPLE.DAT for 2 years using management class MC2Y.
How to assign the mgmt.class MC10Y to this file ? Another example: what
happens if I export/import the node to another ADSM server with differently
named archive management classes ?

If I change the backup management class the ADSM client will rebind each file
to the new one. But what happens to the inactive version of that files ?

Best regards,

Stefan Biebl
RWG GmbH
derwg348 AT ibmmail DOT com