ADSM-L

Re: Node rename

1996-08-12 15:58:40
Subject: Re: Node rename
From: Kerry Ochaba <lincoln AT EN DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 1996 15:58:40 -0400
There is a 14 + step document at the following address that describes how to
change the hostname or IP address of a SP/2 node.  On the last afternoon of
our SP/2 Implementation Workshop, the instructer took us through the
outlined procedure.  We found that it was not foolproof and we had to fix
the file /spdata/sys1/sdr/adapter to make either the host responds or switch
responds work I'm not sure which one it was and unfortunatly I did not write
it down.  I took the class in April '96, so it may have been updated since
then.  Let me know how it works!

Also, a number of folks remarked that there is a node rename command.  Is this
something new?  IBM did not mention this in class.

http://aix.boulder.ibm.com/aix.us/go?/pdocs/os/host2.html

Kerry Ochaba
ochaba AT lincoln-electric DOT com or
lincoln AT en DOT com

>Is there a way to rename a node? I have an SP2 node that must be renamed.
How should this be accomplished? Thanks in advance for any help on this.