ADSM-L

Mac ADSM 2.1.0.4 with OT 1.1.1b6

1996-08-09 12:13:22
Subject: Mac ADSM 2.1.0.4 with OT 1.1.1b6
From: Stan Kerr <stankerr AT UIUC DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 1996 11:13:22 -0500
I installed Mac ADSM 2.1.0.4 on my 7500/100 (System 7.5.3) several days
ago and it worked fine for a few days. (We're running a version 2 ADSM
server.) I then upgraded Open Transport 1.1 to 1.1.1b6. Several of my
normal network applications worked fine, but my overnight ADSM backup
hung. I tried running the ADSM client (rather than the Scheduler) the next
day, but it hung as well, very soon in the backup. I sent a bug report to
Apple and, having found this mailing list, I'm reporting it here as well.

If anyone has news of a patch or workaround, I would like to know.

Stan Kerr <stankerr AT uiuc DOT edu>       University of
Illinois/Urbana-Champaign
Stan Kerr <stankerr AT uiuc DOT edu>       University of
Illinois/Urbana-Champaign
Fax:217-244-7089 Phone:217-333-5217 Computing & Communications Services
<http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/stankerr>
Birds gotta swim, fish gotta fly...