ADSM-L

Re: Q: ADSM, Turbo ATM and Cisco 1010

1996-08-08 19:50:37
Subject: Re: Q: ADSM, Turbo ATM and Cisco 1010
From: Michael Louie <michael.louie AT CORP.VARIAN DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 1996 16:50:37 -0700
At 01:02 PM 8/8/96 -0600, you wrote:
>Anyone using ADSM with the TURBO ATM Adapter 155mb?
We have an IBM 8260 Switch with 5-4 port 100Mb/s Cards and 2-2 ports 155Mb/s
Cards. I have NOT had the opportunity to do some performance analysis.

>Is so, what kind of performance are you getting?
>What is your ATM card connected to at the other end?
Your hardware configurtion and the backup software will determine your
performance. My test case is running SAP Backup from 2-J30 (2 CPU, 512MB
Mem, ATM 100Mb/s Card and 36GB SSA drives) to the ADSM Server (Model 58H,
512MB Mem, ATM 155Mb/s Card, 4-3590 tape drives) via IBM's ATM Switch. Our
ADSM Server ATM Card was receiving at a peek of 6.7MB/s. Each J30 is running
a single stream.

>Anyone using it with a Cisco Lightstream 1010? NO experience
>If so, any problems?
>
>Any suggestions or comments?
I am very impress with these ATM cards. The really peek rate is HIGHER than
6.7MB/s. SAP Backup software is the bottleneck.

Send me an email if you need more information or have anymore questions
Michael Louie
Varian Associates
415-424-5055