ADSM-L

Re: New Product features

1996-08-08 19:20:57
Subject: Re: New Product features
From: Francisco Reyes <reyes01 AT IBM DOT NET>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 1996 19:20:57 -0400
On Thu, 8 Aug 1996 10:11:11 -0700, Brett Walker wrote:

>The same goes for NetWare - we back up the data using Novell's SMS (so we
>get all the necessary data) - this places the data in a particular format
>that the other clients don't understand.  Restoring a file backed up on a
>NetWare server to another client type would again give you garbage.

Perhaps it could be done on small phases. How about starting from
Netware to DOS, Windows ans OS/2?
Even though it would be a lot of work but all that would be needed to
strip would be rights and
ownership info.

These feature would give ADSM a marketting boost far greater than the
time/cost that it will take to
have cross-platform portability.