ADSM-L

Re: ADSM AND OS/2 LANSERVER

2015-10-04 18:14:03
Subject: Re: ADSM AND OS/2 LANSERVER
From: Stefan Biebl
To: Multiple recipients of list ADSM-L
Date: Wednesday, 13 December, 1995 16:18
        Datum: 08/08/96
          Von: Stefan Biebl  PS32                           DAABI    - DERWGH00
           An:                                              INTERNET - IBMMAIL
      Betreff: RE: ADSM AND OS/2 LANSERVER
Eric,

this behavior depends on the way you are restoring your file TEST.TXT !

If your command is 'DSMC RESTORE C:\TEST\TEST.TXT', ADSM will create the
subdirectory TEST and place TEST.TXT in it. Your restore results:
  total number of objects restored:   1
  total number of bytes transferred: 18    (in my example)
and the dirctory TEST has no Access Control Profile ...

If you try 'DSMC RESTORE C:\TEST\TEST.TXT -SUBDIR=YES', your restore results
should be the following:
  total number of objects restored:   2    !!! That's the difference !!!
  total number of bytes transferred: 69    (in my example)
and the directory TEST has a wonderful ACP !

'DSMC RESTORE C:\TEST*' works as well.

Nevertheless I recommend to BACKACC all partitions. Imagine, you accidently
apply a wrong ACP to a whole subdirectory tree ...

Hope it helps,

Stefan