ADSM-L

Dual Gripper, anyone?

1996-08-07 11:12:45
Subject: Dual Gripper, anyone?
From: Roberto Sepulveda <rsepulv AT BVEMX.PPCO DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 1996 10:12:45 -0500
Hi,

We have an IBM 3494 with 4 3590 tape drives.  We also have the Dual Gripper
feature.

We are running the latest ADSM on AIX 4.1.4.

We are trying to determine when is it that the library will take advantage of
the dual gripper.

We have "checked" out multiple volumes (a script with 13 checkout commands) and
it did not use the dual gripper.

We inserted ten cartridges in the I/O station and it did not use the dual
gripper.

We ran a backup that used all four tapes concurrently.  It did not use the dual
gripper.

Does anyone know when the library should be using the dual gripper?

It seems like it might be a light-weight 10 000 USD anchor...

Thanks in advance,

Roberto Sepulveda
rsepulv AT ppco DOT com
(918)661-3042