ADSM-L

Order of client node processing in expiration

1996-08-06 15:52:10
Subject: Order of client node processing in expiration
From: "Price, Robert R." <pricerr AT WESTINGHOUSE DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 1996 15:52:10 -0400
Has anyone figured out how to predict the order that client nodes are
processed in tasks like "expire" and "audit license".  These can be long
running tasks and it would often be useful in determining how much
longer the processing will take.  "query node" lists nodes in
alphabetical order.  This is not the order used in "expire", although it
appears that expire uses the same order each time it runs.  I suspect
that the order used, is the order in which the clients were registered,
but I don't know this for sure, nor do I remember how I registered the
clients.

Bob Price