ADSM-L

Re: 3590 High Performance Tape Subsystem with the Magstar

1996-08-05 13:02:01
Subject: Re: 3590 High Performance Tape Subsystem with the Magstar
From: John Howard <John_Howard%PMUSA AT NOTES.WORLDCOM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 1996 13:02:01 -0400
Stacy,
       What kind of backup rate are you experiencing (megabytes per minute)?
We've had our 3494 up for a few months.  We backup AIX file system and Oracle
databases in an SAP/R3 environment, and cannot fully utilize the rated speed of
the 3590 drives, no matter what disk drives are used.  The ADSM architecture
does not permit us to "interleave" or "multiplex" multiple backup streams or
sessions onto a single tape drive to take advantage of the 3590's speed.   Is
this an issue for you?
            John Howard