ADSM-L

Re: ADSM - Solaris 2.5

1996-08-02 13:43:05
Subject: Re: ADSM - Solaris 2.5
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT ACS.BU DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 1996 13:43:05 -0400
>I'm having segmentation fault's running the ADSM client software
>on a Sun Solaris 2.5 Ultra Sparc machine.
>Any suggestions?
>  Ian.Turton AT cern DOT ch

You need to correlate the event with dsmerror.log contents, and more
importantly the server Activity Log.  We've experienced segmentation faults
in AIX, and find them to correlate with "internal server error" messages
in the Activity Log, which usually means contacting IBM Support, after
verifying that you are at the latest available software level.
        Richard Sims, Boston University OIT