ADSM-L

What would you buy?

1996-08-02 08:12:19
Subject: What would you buy?
From: Jerry Lawson <jlawson AT ITTHARTFORD DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 1996 08:12:19 -0400
Date:     August 2, 1996            Time:    07:42
From:    Jerry Lawson
    ITT Hartford Insurance Group
    (203) 547-2960    jlawson AT itthartford DOT com
After several years of running the MVS server, we are getting ready to
After several years of running the MVS server, we are getting ready to
establish a departmental ADSM server, most likely using OS/2.  As I watch this
list server, the questions that keep coming up the most seem to be related to
tape drives and their care and feeding.  At this stage in our departmental
server project, we have not yet made a hardware decision, so I thought it
would be prudent to fall back on the collective wisdom of this group and ask
the question - which tape drives are NOT giving people problems?  What would
you recommend?   This includes robotic drives as well.

Jerry Lawson