ADSM-L

Re: Are there any resources on the net about ADSM?

1996-08-01 12:05:16
Subject: Re: Are there any resources on the net about ADSM?
From: Helmut Richter <Helmut.Richter AT LRZ-MUENCHEN DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 1996 18:05:16 +0200
On Wed, 31 Jul 1996, Francisco Reyes wrote:

> Besides this list and the IBM ADSM URL are there any other resources on
> the net?
> Any recent FAQ?

Yes and no.

There is a number of WWW pages of an informal ADSM users' club called ALES:

  http://www.lrz-muenchen.de/ALES/

but the most interesting projected pages are still missing:

the requirements (DCRs and items that should become DCRs)
the tips and tricks (aka FAQ)
documentation on scripts and procedures written by sites and available via
  ftp://ftp.lrz-muenchen.de/pub/comp/adsm/

When I can again devote more time to that, I will concentrate on the
requirements and on few selected items (e.g. ADSM and StorageTek) but not
so much on a general FAQ. If Francisco Reyes is interested mainly in the
latter, this would be an opportunity for a synergistic approach. Less
poetically said: I would welcome his work and include it on the ALES page
as well, hoping that others profit from our work in the other areas.

The whole thing has its limitations in the fact that more people are
interested in the result than in the labour ...

Best regards,

Helmut Richter

Dr. Helmut Richter                       Leibniz-Rechenzentrum
Tel:   +49-89-289-28785                  Barer Str. 21
Fax:   +49-89-2809460                    D-80333 Muenchen
Email: Helmut.Richter AT lrz-muenchen DOT de    Germany