ADSM-L

Q: INCLUDE/EXCLUDE - what am I doing wrong?

1996-08-01 11:44:44
Subject: Q: INCLUDE/EXCLUDE - what am I doing wrong?
From: Mark Springer <mspringer AT SARA DOT NL>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 1996 11:44:44 -0400
Hi all,

I try to use the include/exclude file to bind a management class
to an AIX 4.1.4 filesystem (a certain /home6). However, I don't even come that
far to define

/home6/.../* <my-management-class>

in my INCLUDE/EXCLUDE file! It doesn't recognize this INCLEXCL-file at all. I
even tried to simply exclude a misc. file but this doesn't work as well.
Please help me! I use the following dsm.sys:

SERVERNAME              N215_S
        <TCP/IP stuff>
COMPRESSION             OFF
SCHEDLOGRETENTION       10 D
PASSWORDACCESS          GENERATE
MAILPROG                /usr/bin/mail <blabla>
USERS                   root <blabla>
INCLEXCL                /usr/lpp/adsm/bin/inclexcl.opt
SCHEDMODe               PRompted

so it should use /usr/lpp/adsm/bin/inclexcl.opt as INCLUDE/EXCLUDE file, right?

/usr/lpp/adsm/bin/inclexcl.opt looks like this:

exclude /tmp/monkey

so it should exclude the file /tmp/monkey. Then I start dmc and do
Archive by file specification: /tmp/monkey  -> list files

and then I get a list which includes /tmp/monkey and then I *can* select
the file while it shouldn't be selectable at all (it should give a message
like 'ANS<nr>: File excluded in INCL/EXCL-file').

Srange thing is that I use almost the same configuration as on another
AIX client and there it does works fine so I must have forgotten something.
Can anybody tell me this or give any hints?

Thanks!

Mark (sorry for the long post)
Mark Springer          -        mspringer AT sara DOT nl
SARA - Academic Computing Services Amsterdam
Home-page SARA: http://www.sara.nl/
Postal address: Postbus 94613, 1090 GP  Amsterdam
Telephone: +31 20 - 592 3010
Telefax:   +31 20 - 668 3167