ADSM-L

ADSTAR TCP/IP problems

1996-07-31 22:16:09
Subject: ADSTAR TCP/IP problems
From: Jim Colbert <OVMAIL2.DZZ01J AT EDS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 1996 22:16:09 -0400
From: Jim Colbert, EDS TeamVM

I am trying to set up the ADSTAR V2 Windows client on home PC (Windows
for WorkGroups 3.11) and office PC (Windows 3.1).

On both platforms I am having similar problem: I connect to ADSTAR V1
(VM/ESA 1.2.2) server, start incremental backup, and after a couple
hundred kb is backed up I get a "ADSM TCP/IP communications failure"
message and the backup stops.  I am not sure if I could have a bad
router out there in the "cloud" between home/office and the remote
corporate location where ADSTAR server lives. I am trying to get a
list of all the routers so I can PING each one. Meanwhile, I am
looking for *current* information on ADSTAR supported WINSOCK.DLLs.
There are several flavors available in the office, at home I only
have access to CiscoRemote Lite 1.1 (also known as NTS TCP Pro)
because of remote access issues (and corporate licensing).

This is the information I already have:

I have some READ.ME type files picked up at the HillGang VM users
group in January 1995 (thank you Gretchen Thiehl of 3M!).

I have the latest list on IBMLINK (dated this year but less info
than the earlier one).

I have the following file in C:\ADSM\WINSOCK.LST

"Revision Date: 05/23/95
 Abstract: WinSock 1.1 capable TCP/IP stacks which potentially
 work with the ADSM Windows client.

 NOTE: This file contains the list of WinSock 1.1 capable TCP/IP
  stacks which work or have been reported to work with the
  ADSM Windows client. Please note that the only stacks
  which are officially supported by IBM at this time are
  those which ADSM development have confirmed to work.  "

Is there any information here on ADSM-L, like a more current list
of supported WINSOCK.DLLs?

Thanks in advance.