ADSM-L

Re: ADSM or MAC problem?

1996-07-31 21:09:45
Subject: Re: ADSM or MAC problem?
From: Richard Peters <rap AT UCLINK.BERKELEY DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 1996 17:09:45 -0800
At 16:08 07/31/96, you wrote:
>>>The problem I have is that my PPP connection is dropped during the night
>>>after ADSM is finished backing up, apparently causing ADSM a great deal of
>>>separation anxiety, so much so that it can't QUIT.  The only way I can get
>>>rid of ADSM is to do a FORCED QUIT, which sometimes works and sometimes
>>>causes my MAC to freeze so thoroughly that the only way to thaw it out is
>>>to unplug it.
>>>
>>>Is there something I can do to get ADSM to quit after a PPP connection has
>>>been dropped?

My configuration is slightly different (ADSM with PPP and MacTCP over 28.8 KB),
but I also have had freezes when trying to quit ADSM after PPP goes down.
It maybe my imagenation, but I think I have less freezes if I re-establish
my modem
connection and PPP before trying to touch ADSM. ..Richard Peters