ADSM-L

Data streaming

1996-07-31 12:41:10
Subject: Data streaming
From: LAbbinante <LAbbinante AT UAL DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 1996 11:41:10 -0500
Can anyone suggest a tried and true method to backup multiple LARGE
filesystems on ONE client concurrently?   What I would ultimately want
to do is have as many backups to tape running as possible from that one
client.  (Right now I have a maximum of 6 silo drives that can be
allocated at any given time)  But in order to have each filesystem go
to it's own backup tape, I would have to give a unique management class
to each filesystem with all of the DEST parms set to go to a different
storage pool, right?  Which means I would have to define a bunch of
different storage pools.   Then what about collocation?
Arrrrrrrgh!!!!! There has to be an easier way, but I'm just not seeing
it.   Can anyone offer some insight.

Thanks,
Larry Abbinante
labbinante AT ual DOT com