ADSM-L

Re: Estimated Operating Costs of ADSM

1996-07-27 22:54:56
Subject: Re: Estimated Operating Costs of ADSM
From: Francisco Reyes <reyes01 AT IBM DOT NET>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 1996 22:54:56 -0400
On Sat, 27 Jul 1996 14:08:42 -0700, Mark Vogel wrote:
>We're thinking about using ADSM as a backup/archiving system.  We haven't
>contacted IBM yet, but we were wondering if anyone has a good handle on the
>implementation and operating costs of ADSM based on various storage size
>and usage assumptions.  Is there an ADSM operating model that one could
>make assumptions and that would help determine hardware and software
>requirements and budgets.

Mark I am just getting started with ADSM myself, but one thing you
may want
to post so others can help you better is on what platforms you will
be working.
The cost of both the server and the clients will be dependent on what
platforms
they are on.

Basically ADSM allows you to backup clients to any storate type
supported by both the computer where you plan to run the ADSM server
and ADSm itself. You could get some price estimates by computing the
cost of the server you want to use, the storage devices, and by
getting the ADSM server price for the hardware you want to run the
server on.