ADSM-L

ADSM server password lost

1996-07-26 19:27:23
Subject: ADSM server password lost
From: Mandar Mirashi <mandar AT KIOWA.WILDSTAR DOT NET>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 1996 18:27:23 -0500
Heya,

    We're running ADSM version 2 on AIX 3.2. The previous consultant
who set up the server has left the company and does not remember the
admin logon and password. I've tried both "admin" (with "admin" as
password) and "root" (with current root password) as logons but
both come back with non-existent id errors.

    Which file is this information stored in, and how can it be
reset without reinstalling the whole thing? I'd highly appreciate
any help. Thanks.

                                                        Mandar