ADSM-L

How do I replace a COPYPOOL tape?

1996-07-25 12:13:32
Subject: How do I replace a COPYPOOL tape?
From: Vern Maxson <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 1996 11:13:32 EST
I have a tape in a copypool that started getting errors.  I tried
MOVE DATA to copy the files to another volume, but I got read errors
reading the first file.  I did an AUDIT VOLUME on the tape and it got
an I/O error (ANR2335W) on each file on the tape.  Each file also
received the error ANR2317W Audit Volume found damaged file.  At the
end of the audit,  it gave me the message:
ANR2315I Audit volume process ended for volume CPY012; 18 files inspected,
18 damaged files found and marked as damaged.

When I run QUERY CONTENT CPY012, it still lists the 18 files on the tape.
I guess I need to run AUDIT VOLUME again with FIX=YES so that they will
be deleted, and then label a new tape to replace the bad one.

Will the 18 files be picked up again from the original storage pool and
copied to one of the copypool tapes?  At which point does ADSM recognize
that the 18 files are no longer on the tape and that it needs to copy them
to the copypool?  Is it after I run AUDIT VOLUME CPY012 FIX=YES and when
I run the BACKUP STGPOOL command again?

Thanks in advance.