ADSM-L

AW: ADSM and CA-1 and ADSM DB backups.

1996-07-23 12:32:33
Subject: AW: ADSM and CA-1 and ADSM DB backups.
From: "Meyer, Rolf" <Rolf.Meyer AT HAMBURG.REEMTSMA.ATLAS400 DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 18:32:33 +0200
=0C
     Hello Mike,

          one important thing to think about is the fact, that TMSTMSTV d=
oes not
     check which system is freeing the tape and whether it is the owner o=
f the
     tape.

     So, if you use more than one EDM system (such as HSM or SAMS and ADS=
M) there
     is a hole.
     We had the situation, that a tape was freed by ADSM (by delete volhi=
st
     dbbackup), which was actually a SAMS-tape and also from the other si=
de SAMS
     freed a tape belonging to ADSM.

     Of course this can only occur if something went wrong before, but I =
changed
     the TMSTMSTV routine to check the EDMID in the CA1 TMC and the calli=
ng
     programm (ADSM or SAMS).

     If there is no match, then issue a message and do nothing.

     I hope, this will help you.

     Rolf Meyer
     D-22605 Hamburg
     rolf.meyer AT hamburg.reemtsma.atlas400 DOT de