ADSM-L

Re: FTP Server

1996-07-23 11:47:47
Subject: Re: FTP Server
From: "Wayne T. Smith" <wts AT MAIL.CAPS.MAINE DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 10:47:47 -0500
Between the pain of all-day downloads and handling of diskettes (for
some clients), I've taken to doing it once for everyone here.  For our
local clients, I provide the install files on a netware server ready
for many people to click SETUP/INSTALL and packaged as a single
self-extracting Zip (or other appropriate format) for local download
via the web.

This way only I am required to put up with IBM's archaic (but wonderful
compared to getting tapes/disks!) format and abysmally performing server.

cheers,
Wayne (is off to hear about ADSM at SHARE ... lookout IBMers ... my
V1 ADSM server is on VM :-))

Wayne T. Smith               internet: wts AT maine.maine DOT edu
Systems Group -- CAPS        University of Maine System