ADSM-L

Re: Damaged tapes

1996-07-19 11:25:17
Subject: Re: Damaged tapes
From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 1996 10:25:17 -0500
     I would like to hear also...
     Would it not be better to set the tape to "DESTROYED" ?
     For some reason that term, in my mind, tends to indicate that
     some action would be triggered when ADSM would notice a tape
     volume in that state...
     I thought I remember reading where if a copy is lost (being a most
     recent) it would automatically pull in a new copy during next
     incremental but can't find it now in my manuals...
     ALSO BY DELETING YOU NOW HAVE NO MANUAL METHOD OF SEEING WHAT WAS ON
     THAT TAPE... IF YOU MARK DESTROYED YOU CAN STILL DO A QUERY CONTENTS
     later
          Dwight