ADSM-L

Solaris Server Hangs, I'm desperate

1996-07-17 10:33:30
Subject: Solaris Server Hangs, I'm desperate
From: Bradley King <king AT MONTROUGE.GM.SLB DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 1996 16:33:30 +0200
I know I posted this question just a bit ago, but I'm pretty desperate.

After a hang (no means of communicating with  a Solaris server running
in daemon mode  ( -quiet ) I rebooted,  the server hangs on startup without any
indication whatsoever of why or what to do next.  The result of server
launch gives the following messages then does nothing, no cpu, no messages
no connection possible.  Do I have to completely reinstall adsm, erase
all databases and hope no disks crash in the meantime?  Or..., Or what?

=>./dsmserv

ADSTAR Distributed Storage Manager for Sun Solaris
Version 1, Release 2, Level 0.0/1.0

Licensed Materials - Property of IBM

5765-303 (C) Copyright IBM Corporation 1990, 1994. All rights reserved.
U.S. Government Users Restricted Rights - Use, duplication or disclosure
restricted by GSA ADP Schedule Contract with IBM Corporation.

ANR7800I DSMSERV generated at 16:24:47 on Mar 14 1995.
ANR7801I Subsystem process ID is 608.
ANR0900I Processing options file dsmserv.opt.
ANR0990I ADSM server restart-recovery in progress.
ANR0200I Recovery log assigned capacity is 28 megabytes.
ANR0201I Database assigned capacity is 224 megabytes.
ANR0306I Recovery log volume mount in progress.
ANR0353I Recovery log analysis pass in progress.
ANR0354I Recovery log redo pass in progress.
ANR0355I Recovery log undo pass in progress.
ANR0362W Database usage exceeds 92 % of its assigned capacity.

   |  Bradley King          Fax:(331) 47.46.72.12  |
   |  Schlumberger Industries - Gas Engineering    |
   |  50, ave Jean Jaures, 92542 Montrouge France  |