ADSM-L

MVS SERVER goes to sleep.....

2015-10-04 18:14:43
Subject: MVS SERVER goes to sleep.....
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at TISDMAIL
Date: 7/17/96 12:55AM
What you have said makes sense - Thanks for the assistance, we will watch
those APARs.

FOR EVERYONE ELSE who is still watching this thread:  If you use some sort of
tape automation (be it a silo or an IBM 349x library) how do you handle the
low activity files.  We have elected to allow ADSM tapes to be ejected by the
silo's management routines when the cartridge has not been accessed in a perio
d of time.  The silo routines do this automatically to insure that they have
enough slots for scratch tapes - the time span varies but is usually around 30
days.  Currently 57% of our tapes have not been referenced in the past 30
days.  What do you do with these tapes?

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT itthartford DOT com