ADSM-L

SCGEDLOGRETENTION

1996-07-15 13:01:44
Subject: SCGEDLOGRETENTION
From: Tom Bell <bell AT WAII DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 1996 12:01:44 -0500
> 3 - Both the dsmsched.log and dsmerror.log will grow until your volume
>     runs out of space.  Automatic pruning is performed with the
>     SCHEDLOGRETENTION and ERRORLOGRETENTION options in the client
>     options file.  One warning if you keep these files big and the
>     volume they reside on is small you need enough space for two
>     copies of the file on the volume for pruning to work.
>
> Hope this helps - David Bohm, ADSM technical support

I tried adding these options to my AIX 3.2 version 2.1.0.3 client.  When
my client processes start, they immediately fail with ANS4042S.  I read
the on-line and paper documentation, plus triple-checked my spelling.
Does this simply not work?

Regards,
Tom Bell

--
Tom Bell                                    tom.bell AT wg.waii DOT com
Tom Bell                                    tom.bell AT wg.waii DOT com