ADSM-L

Offload Speed?

1996-07-13 17:50:00
Subject: Offload Speed?
From: "DeLarco, Mark" <DeLarco AT CDNET.COD DOT EDU>
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 1996 14:50:00 PDT
I'm new to this list, and was looking to find out what kind of through put
folks are
getting who are using VM or MVS Offload? I just built my own 3172  using a
310 PCI/MCA server with 90 MHz Pentium, 32 meg, 100baseTX full duplex PCI
interface,
and PCA on a 4.5meg channel. But, I can only get 500KBs. I've installed
Netfinity 3.0
on the 310 and it's showing very low CPU usage but, I'm not sure the
Pentium90
is fast enough to handle the interrupt rate I need to get into the
multimegabyte range.
Any help would be appreciate, or if there's a better list for a discussion
of this nature
I'd like to know.

Thanks,
Mark