ADSM-L

Re: Warning for MVS servers

1996-07-11 19:18:39
Subject: Re: Warning for MVS servers
From: "Andrew M. Raibeck" <araibeck AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 1996 16:18:39 PDT
Kelly Root asks:

>We have not run into this problem as yet so I stopped ADSM (HALT) and
>changed the options file. I added lines for both TXNGROUPMAX AND
>MOVEBATCHSIZE giving both the value of 100. When I restarted ADSM
>TXNGROUPMAX was changed, but I do not see MOVEBATCHSIZE.
>I looked in the book 'Installing the Server and Administrative Client' and did
>not see MOVEBATCHSIZE. Is this a new option? What book was this
>documented in? I'm wondering if there are other options that I do not know
>about. My ADSM server is ADSM v. 2.1.3 on MVS.

These are documented in the ANR2210 member of ADSM.SAMPLIB (or wherever your
ADSM samplib members are installed).

I strongly recommend reviewing this file whenever you apply maintenance. It
discusses problems that were fixed, new features, etc., that didn't make it
into the printed documentation. Yes, it is a bit daunting in size. But you
should be able to scan it and pick out the highlights.

The new sample ANRSMPOP member (also in ADSM.SAMPLIB) includes descriptions
of the MOVEBATCHSIZE and MOVESIZETHRESH options.

Andy Raibeck
ADSM Level 2 Support
408-256-0130