ADSM-L

Re: Today's Teleconference on ADSM & DRM

1996-07-10 16:27:21
Subject: Re: Today's Teleconference on ADSM & DRM
From: Leonard Boyle <SNOLEN AT VM.SAS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 1996 16:27:21 EDT
On Wed, 10 Jul 1996 14:52:00 -0400 Bill Colwell said:
>In the announcement letter of V2 for MVS, dated 5/30/1995, number 295-212,
>IBM made this "Statement of General Direction" --
>
> IBM intends to provide the new function available with ADSM for MVS,
>Version 2.1 servers for all of the ADSM servers in the ADSM family of
>products, beginning with ADSM for VM.
>
>Doe IBM now formally disavow this SOD?

This is hard to say. Last Aug at share IBM said that the vm version
2 server was to be out the 1st quarter of 1996.

There is a formal ann letter for the Windows NT version 2 server and
the as/400 version 2 server. But I do not believe either is
ga at this time.

On the other hand, In the afternoon IBM Customer Conference call IBM
said that the VM version 2 server without the drm stuff should be out
by the end of the year.

So IBM could still release VM first. But it does not look like they
will.

Leonard Boyle, Mainframe support            snolen AT vm.sas DOT com
Leonard Boyle, Mainframe support            snolen AT vm.sas DOT com
SAS Institute Inc.                          ussas4hs@ibmmail
Room E206                                   (919) 677-8000 ext 6241
203 SAS Campus Drive
Cary NC 27513