ADSM-L

NT command line batch problem

1996-07-10 11:31:00
Subject: NT command line batch problem
From: J Holdren <JFH5 AT PSUVM.PSU DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 1996 11:31:00 EDT
I have a user of an NT system with a problem I can't find a way around.
If anyone has a solution, kludge, hack or work-around I'd appreciate the
info.

Here it is the problem the way it was explained to me...

-------------- begin included file ----------------
   I have a problem with DSMC.EXE, the ADSM command line client, for NT.
   I have a problem with DSMC.EXE, the ADSM command line client, for NT.
I'm using version 2.1.0 to archive the logs of all the lab logins.  The
problem is the password expiring and/or being wrong.  This causes DSMC
to prompt for a new password, which is not a good way for a batch process
to work.
   I need, but don't see, an option to not prompt for a new password,
but to terminate with an error code.  My programs already detect an
errorlevel and make reports and notify me.  But when the password is
expired, the process just sits there until someone terminates it.
There are no error messages to detect.

Have the NT developers found a solution to this problem??
Have the NT developers found a solution to this problem??

Thanks,

J Holdren                   (~              Center for Academic Computing
jfh5 AT psu DOT edu            PENN_)TATE          224A Computer Bldg
1 (814) 865-2964                            University Park, PA  16802