ADSM-L

Re: Problem with multi-user on UNIX... BINGO!

1996-07-10 10:04:21
Subject: Re: Problem with multi-user on UNIX... BINGO!
From: Bradley King <king AT MONTROUGE.GM.SLB DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 1996 16:04:21 +0200
>You have to take care of NODENAME option.
>It has different meanings depending wether it is placed
>in DSM.SYS or DSM.OPT:
>
>Nodename with DSM.SYS replaces hostname and works with
>passwordaccess generate.
>
>Nodename with DSM.OPT is something different
>(this is what we you are probably and causes your problems).
>
>Then some virtual node is used, you have to prompt the
>password even with passwordaccess generate and all kinds
>of deletes etc. are possible.

>Matthias Feyerabend            phone:    (49) 6159 71-2519
>GSI, Darmstadt                 internet: M.Feyerabend AT gsi DOT de

Bingo, thank you very much, I've been listening with a good deal of
confusion to this discussion, but when I changed NODENAME from opt to sys
I have protection by username, even if I know the password for the
client node. So I'm a happy camper

   |  Bradley King          Fax:(331) 47.46.72.12  |
   |  Schlumberger Industries - Gas Engineering    |
   |  50, ave Jean Jaures, 92542 Montrouge France  |