ADSM-L

Re: Backup NT mapped drives

1996-07-09 21:11:45
Subject: Re: Backup NT mapped drives
From: Debra Jeanette Young <djyoung AT VOYAGER DOT NET>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 1996 21:11:45 -0400
At 05:19 PM 7/2/96 +0100, you wrote:
>I've done this successfully with Windows NT to another NT server, as
>well as to Novell servers.
>
>I believe there are some special characters that ADSM does not respond
>well to in the volume name.
>
>Is this in a schedule? (ie: Will someone have to be logged in to
>get the access to the drives?)
>
>What are your logical drives pointing to, and how?
>
>Debra Jeanette Young wrote:
>>
>> I have been working with a client admin to get a backup schedule on MVS to
>> back up his logically mapped drives.  We have tried putting the drive
>> letters in the
>> object list, but that isn't working.  We did put the drive label in one
test and
>> a few of his files were backed up before the backup failed.  He is getting
>> an error message that indicates that the label is incorrect.  I did a Q
>> OCCUP and found some files.  Has anyone tried backing up logically mapped
>> drives from NT?
>> Deb

I believe it may imbedded blanks in the drive labels that is causing my
problem.  A label example is drive c: is labeled 'c: drivec', all of the
other drives have the same type of label.  Can imbedded blanks be used
in drive labels, if you are using an ADSM schedule to back up the mapped
drives?
Deb