ADSM-L

Re: ANR2361E

1996-07-08 08:16:25
Subject: Re: ANR2361E
From: Reinhard Mersch <mersch AT UNI-MUENSTER DOT DE>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 1996 14:16:25 +0200
> John O'Neall asks:
>
> >I tried to do an incremental database backup, but it failed with the message
> >
> >ANR2361E BACKUP DB A full database backup is required.
> >
> >Can anyone tell me why?

Andy Raibeck answers:
> There are two reasons I can think of:
>
> 1) You are running BACKUP DB for the first time, and don't have a full backup
>    to start with.
>
> 2) You have already taken 32 incremental backups. The maximum number of
>    incremental backups that ADSM allows between full backups is 32.

What about "EXTEND DB"? I recently had this situation, and the two reasons
you mention did not apply, but I had extended the DB.

Reinhard Mersch                     Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet
Universitaetsrechenzentrum, Einsteinstrasse 60, 48149 Muenster, Germany
E-Mail: mersch AT uni-muenster DOT de                   Phone: +49(251)83-2488