ADSM-L

ADSM Recovery log growing

1996-07-06 14:59:11
Subject: ADSM Recovery log growing
From: Mike Knight <knightm AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 1996 14:59:11 EDT
From: Mike Knight, ISSC Aerospace, (314)234-5096, KNIGHTM at ISSCVM
Inet:                                             KNIGHTM AT VNET.IBM DOT COM

ADSM does the mirroring for both the log and database, primary + one copy.
Both the log and database mirrors are normal read and parallel write.
In the test last night, one backup was running, intermittently using a
  tape for large files.  Migration grabbed the same tape, the backup went
  into media wait (no data sent) until the migration ended 2 hours later.
  Then the backup sent the one large file to tape and resumed backing up to
  disk.  During media wait, the log got up to 280MB.
There was one backup and one migration running last night, nothing else.
Interestingly, the migration filled the first tape and started a second,
  the backup was then in media wait for the new tape.

         Mike (not ADSM support) Knight

On Sat, 6 Jul 1996 at 11:23, Dwight Cook asked: