ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Recovery log growing

1996-07-05 18:21:50
Subject: Re: ADSM Recovery log growing
From: Richard Peters <rap AT UCLINK.BERKELEY DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 1996 14:21:50 -0800
At 16:33 07/05/96, Mike Knight wrote:

>2. I can recreate this regularly by backing up two large Solaris clients
>   from scratch.  Has anybody else seen this?  We have a similar, but less
>   well defined problem on one ADSM Version 1 server which causes the
>   server to hang and all sessions to fail.
>         Mike (not ADSM support) Knight

On version 1 we have had the recovery log fill when one of our clients tries
to backup monster files over a moderate speed connection.  The transfer
time for a single file was around 20 hours, and the recovery log just
continued to grow until the transmission ended, then it dropped to almost
nothing immediately.
Needless to say, we are now running with a substantial amount of recovery
log space to prevent future server hangs.

..Richard Peters, rap AT uclink.berkeley DOT edu

Richard Peters
Central Computing Services
Univ. of California, Berkeley
rap AT uclink.Berkeley DOT edu