ADSM-L

Re: ADSM/2 Server Problems

1996-07-04 23:54:47
Subject: Re: ADSM/2 Server Problems
From: Andrew Glynn <aglynn AT IBM DOT NET>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 1996 22:54:47 EST
** Reply to note from "Andrew M. Raibeck" <araibeck AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
07/02/96  3:49pm
PDT
> To:           Multiple recipients of list ADSM-L <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
>
> Jeff,
>
> I don't know why the tape is being seen as TAPE12$ instead of TAPE02$. You may
> want to check your old config.sys (pre-Warp) with the new config.sys to make
> sure that everything is in order (like not attempting to load the same device
> driver twice, or two different drivers for the same SCSI adapter, etc.). There
> is also a system tool that comes with Warp that shows you what's on your
> system (it's in the BonusPak) - I forget the exact name of the tool but I
> think
> you should be able to find it. If that shows you all installed devices, it may
> point you to the problem.
>
> The simple answer is to delete the existing DRIVE definition and define a new
> DRIVE using DEVICE=TAPE12$. But this may only be covering up another problem
> in your configuration.
>
> If this looks like a real in-depth problem
, you may want to consider opening
> up a problem with ADSM support to fully analyze what's going on.

Warp Server has this effect on any SCSI device driver that uses OS2SCSI.DMD (we
have device drivers for our own SpringWell shared SCSI subsystem).  We reported
the
problem during the beta period and I believe there is an APAR out on it. On some
systems I have even had SCSI board 0 report itself as board 2 to the driver as
the
driver scans for boards/devices at boot up.

Andrew Glynn
Technical Director
Carmel Graphic Systems
aglynn AT ibm DOT net