ADSM-L

Re: ADSM/2 Server Problems

1996-07-02 18:49:57
Subject: Re: ADSM/2 Server Problems
From: "Andrew M. Raibeck" <araibeck AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 1996 15:49:57 PDT
Jeff,

I don't know why the tape is being seen as TAPE12$ instead of TAPE02$. You may
want to check your old config.sys (pre-Warp) with the new config.sys to make
sure that everything is in order (like not attempting to load the same device
driver twice, or two different drivers for the same SCSI adapter, etc.). There
is also a system tool that comes with Warp that shows you what's on your
system (it's in the BonusPak) - I forget the exact name of the tool but I think
you should be able to find it. If that shows you all installed devices, it may
point you to the problem.

The simple answer is to delete the existing DRIVE definition and define a new
DRIVE using DEVICE=TAPE12$. But this may only be covering up another problem
in your configuration.

If this looks like a real in-depth problem, you may want to consider opening
up a problem with ADSM support to fully analyze what's going on.

Andy Raibeck
ADSM Level 2 Support
408-256-0130