ADSM-L

Re: partitioned C: causing error (fwd)

1996-07-02 09:28:53
Subject: Re: partitioned C: causing error (fwd)
From: Paul Zarnowski <VKM AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 1996 09:28:53 EDT
We also have a problem with this restriction.  Win95 has a similar function
and ADSM has the same problem with it.  It will become a major problem for
us as a major new application that we are deploying (PeopleSoft) makes use
of this facility.

A useable workaround for us would simply be to allow the user to specify a
list of drive letters that should be completely ignored.  We first brought
this to IBM's attention several months ago, and they suggested this as a
possible workaround.  Time is passing, and we need a solution....

..Paul

Paul Zarnowski                     Phone:   607/255-4757
Cornell Information Technologies   Fax:     607/255-6523
Cornell University                 US Mail: 315 CCC, Ithaca, NY 14853-2601