ADSM-L

Version 2 Install

1996-06-28 16:00:12
Subject: Version 2 Install
From: Jane Dagostino-Snyder <j-dago AT CAFE.TC.UMN DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 1996 14:00:12 -0600
Hi,
Looks like most of you have already installed Version 2,  so maybe you
will know the answers to these questions.   We are using MVS as our
Server,  I haven't installed yet but have some questions I haven't see
answered in the book or perhaps they are so obvious?   Ok.   We're on
Version 1 and of course ned all of our Databases, Logs and Storage
pools intact when the install if vesion 2 is done.

1).  How do you hook up to the Storage Pools when you have the install
done?  They talk of defining the VSAM datasets and formatting them for
step two,  well I don't recall version one formatting the VSAM datasets
and I know after the Version 1 install was complete and more were
added, they were not formatted.   How would  your not formatting pools
work with this?  What kinds of problems would one have??

2). When  you  get your defines (for your devices) back that are stored
in DB, what about the DEVCON file.   Looks like this only records the
defines/changes, so what do you do about the ones already in
existence?   Same about the volume history?

Thanks for your time,   Jane

Jane Dagostino-Snyder
University of Minnesota
Storage Administration