ADSM-L

Win95 Scheduler Dies

1996-06-25 12:42:43
Subject: Win95 Scheduler Dies
From: Jerry Lawson <jlawson AT ITTHARTFORD DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 1996 12:42:43 -0400
Date:     June 25, 1996            Time:    11:01
From:    Jerry Lawson
    ITT Hartford Insurance Group
    (203) 547-2960    jlawson AT itthartford DOT com
We have been experiencing problems with the scheduler under Win95 - the 32 bit
We have been experiencing problems with the scheduler under Win95 - the 32 bit
client.  The session is established, the password entered, and then the window
is minimized.  At some point, the client just stops counting down, and is just
sitting there.  We have been trying to identify a conflicting program, but hav
e not had any success.  If the DOS Window that the scheduler is running in is
closed, and then restarted, the scheduler will take off again.  If left
overnight, the scheduler will run successfully.  When ever the hang occurs,
the remaining time is not equal to 0, so my guess is that the network is not
involved in the problem, but I am not sure.  Has anyone else seen this?   Any
suggestions on a cause or solution?

Configuration is using the Microsoft TCP/IP that comes with Win95.

Jerry Lawson