ADSM-L

Re: Novell files getting lost?

1996-06-24 10:23:22
Subject: Re: Novell files getting lost?
From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 1996 09:23:22 -0500
Item Subject: Novell files getting lost?

     I would like to add this little tid bit... even though I don't have
     the exacts yet....
     To ensure all was/is running well on a novell box on 6-14-96 we split
     the mirrors off of DATA1, deleted DATA1, redefined DATA1, recovered
     DATA1, out of 23,000+ files we came up 7 short...
     This is after we allowed for "marked as deleted" and other such
     things...  all of our tests up to then had been fine... we think part
     might be due to a user getting on but not sure... I'm going to try and
     run down specifics based on directory listings but we are also going
     to retry this on friday... I'll let you know what happens...
     Oh and we ran fresh full inc's twice before breaking the mirror &
     scratching data1...
     later
          Dwight