ADSM-L

novell question--not strictly ADSM

1996-06-18 12:08:50
Subject: novell question--not strictly ADSM
From: Diane Ashby <Diane.Ashby AT TORO DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 1996 11:08:50 -0500
In addition to ADSM backup for our Novell servers, I now am
requested to report available space (MB) by volume on each of
our 20 or so servers.

Well, coming from a mainframe world where this was a piece of
cake, and more recently working with UNIX boxes where scripts
and crontab could send the info to one place, I'm not finding an
easy Novell way to do this; it seems I have to (4.1) log in to each
server and check each individual volume or (3.2) log in to each
server, use volinfo and divide each amount by 1024.  Yikes!
How do other storage managers do this?  Where should I look
for a better way?  --Diane