ADSM-L

OS/2 Server questions

1996-06-17 09:54:34
Subject: OS/2 Server questions
From: Jeffrey Mathers <matherj AT ROCKVAX.ROCKEFELLER DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 1996 08:54:34 -0500
I have some questions about the ADSM/2 server. I have the server
running on the same box with Lan Server 4.0 Advanced. I would like to
upgrade LS40 to WarpServer. Apparently this is nearly impossible to do
without formatting the partition that LS40 resides in. Unfortunately
the ADSM/2 server is in the same partition. So is the database and
recovery logs.

Can I simply move the ADSM and ADSMSERV directories to another
partition during the WarpServer install and then move them back to
their original location? In effect are there any other files or .ini
settings I should be aware of? Keep in mind that the install of
WarpServer will install a new version of OS/2.

After I install WarpServer will I be able to use my server's GUI or
will I need to find some patch for problems similar to those
experienced with OS/2 CSD 17?

TIA,
Jeff Mathers
Computer Data Systems Manager